Thursday , December 5 2019
Home / Aniocha / Wicked World: Man who killed business partner in Delta begs for forgiveness from the ghost

Wicked World: Man who killed business partner in Delta begs for forgiveness from the ghost

Kingsley Agbaire, a businessman based in Warri, Delta State, who killed his associate, Lawrence Okoh, has cried out to the ghost of the deceased to forgive him and stop haunting him.

Also Read: “Villain: Businessman kills associate to avoid sharing profit”

Okoh, a vehicle parts dealer based in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, was reportedly murdered by the suspect when he traveled to Warri to supply him with some parts when Agbaire lured him to his house and killed him on August 4, 2016, two days after he went to make the supplies.

According to the State Police Command, Agbaire had allegedly murdered his friend and buried him a shallow grave but the secret was found out after Okoh’s wife raised an alarm over her missing husband and father of young twin children.

The murder of the 51-year-old Okoh, an indigene of Ubulu-Uku community in Aniocha Local Government Area of Delta State, has thrown his family into confusion as they keep wondering why Agbaire would murder him for no reason at all, believing that he killed their brother for ritual purposes.

A member of the Okoh family who brought the deceased up, James Okoh, said:

“In the morning on Wednesday, August 3, Lawrence was surprised when he woke up and discovered that four of the items he brought were missing.

He also noticed that Kingsley and his friend were no longer in the house. He put a call through to one of his friends, Callus and told him what he discovered.

On hearing this, Callus reminded him of his warning that people from that particular area were very dangerous. He asked him to return with the remaining goods. But Kingsley and his friend returned and asked him to be patient, saying that they were going out to look for money.

Lawrence waited for them until they returned at night. That night, at about 8pm, was the last time he spoke with his wife.

His wife said he had stayed too long in Warri, asking Kingsley to send the number of the man he went to, which he did.

He also sent the number to Callus through text message. He later sent a message to his wife that Lawrence and his friend had collected his ATM card, shoes, and clothes. That was the last time his wife and friend heard from him as he became unreachable after that.

At about 12.30 p.m. on Thursday, August 4, I was called and informed that they had not been able to communicate with Lawrence. Callus and Lawrence’s wife, Nneka, said when they called the number he gave them, the voice at the other end kept saying ‘wrong number’.

Callus also continued calling but Kingsley kept terminating his calls. This raised Callus’s suspicion and he called me that he suspected something had gone wrong.

After raising some cash, my younger brother and I left Ibadan, Oyo State, for Warri on Monday, August 8. We went to Warri Area Commander and narrated what happened.

He gave us a team which started work immediately. The detectives were able to locate Lawrence’s residence and they arrested him.

During police investigation, Kingsley confessed that he broke Lawrence’s SIM card when he was being pestered with frequent calls from the family. When they asked him of my brother’s whereabouts, he said Lawrence left his house in annoyance when he told him that the goods he brought were not genuine parts.

That was how we started trying to unravel what happened to Lawrence.  Callus came from Port Harcourt and we went to the spare parts market in Warri.  Fortunately, Callus has a brother within the market who said some of the goods described by Callus were brought to him, though he did not buy.

The brother was the one who went round the market to ask those who purchased the spare parts to get the person who sold to them because the owner was missing.

The buyers went to the police station and when Kingsley was brought out, he only stared, as he could not utter a word.

The people identified him as the one who sold the spare parts to them. When asked whether the people’s claim was true, Kingsley admitted, folding his arms on his head forlornly.

The police asked for Lawrence’s whereabouts again but all he could say was ‘please, have mercy on me.’ This happened on Friday, August 19, 15 days after Lawrence had been killed.

We were taken to the Area Commander and he asked him again: ‘where is Lawrence?’ Kingsley replied that he should be given two days to produce him. Lawrence’s wife knelt and begged him to disclose her husband’s whereabouts and he promised a week again.

That was when we told him he was lying. The Area Commander asked all of us to leave his office except police detectives; that was when Kingsley confessed that my brother was dead. When asked how he died, he confessed that he and one other man, Kennedy, killed him.

He said they killed him by smashing a bottle on his head. He spoke further that his victim could not cry for help because he was weak by then. He did not disclose what he did to render him weak. 

He said after the killing, they buried Lawrence at the backyard of the building beside his house, and that his partner in crime fled to Ghana afterward.

That was how Kingsley killed my younger brother for nothing. We are suspecting that they removed his body parts which were taken to Ghana by his partner in crime.”

It was gathered that the goods Okoh took to Warri for the supply were worth N1.6 million. Okoh was said to have known Kingsley about eight years before his brutal killing and had supplied him spare parts while the latter was in Lagos State and the former resided in Ibadan.

When the police went to exhume the body which was buried in a dump site face down,  Kingsley was reported to have begged the police to loosen his handcuff so that he could help in the exhumation.

He was quoted to have said that he wanted to use the opportunity to seek forgiveness from his victim. He reportedly said that he could see the spirit of the deceased in the midst of the people.

Also Read: “Murder: Man who stabbed friend to death arrested in Ogun”

At a point, Kingsley reportedly cried:

“Lawrence, forgive me o. It was the devil that pushed me into killing you. You did not offend me in anyway. Please forgive me.”

Culled from :Here

Check Also

Housewife docked for allegedly pouring hot water on husband’s ex-wife

Agrieving husband, Sulaimon Okunola, has accused a mobile policeman, simply identified as Ibuka Steven, attached …

Noise pollution: Lagos gives guidelines to churches, mosques

Agrieving husband, Sulaimon Okunola, has accused a mobile policeman, simply identified as Ibuka Steven, attached …